Restorative Dentistry is a branch of dentistry that facilitates dental treatments to restore the appearance and functionality of a damaged tooth. The dentist performs various treatments to repair or replace deformed teeth. At Enhanced Smiles, the dentist suggests restorative treatments that can provide a smile makeover to the patient.
Advantages of Restorative Dentistry
- Restorative dentistry promotes the confidence of the patient regarding their smile.
- It helps to correct bite conditions like overbite, underbite and crossbite that patients experience due to damaged teeth.
- Several restorative treatments help straighten or align the teeth in their actual position.
- The treatment helps to prevent the teeth from shifting places.
- It also aids in correcting speech impairments caused by loss of the tooth.
Types of Restorative Treatments
- Root Canal:Patients with decayed teeth or cavities are treated through root canal therapy. The dentist removes the decayed pulp and nerves from the infected tooth and decontaminates it. The treatment helps avoid the spread of infection in the mouth and promotes good dental hygiene.
- Dental Implant:It is an ideal treatment for patients who have undergone tooth loss. The dentist places a titanium implant into the jawbone, which functions as the root of the tooth. After it merges with the jawbone, the dentist mounts an artificial tooth like a crown or denture to provide a functional tooth to the patient.
- Dental Crown: Patients with chipped, cracked or discolored teeth are ideal for dental crown treatment. It is a dental cap that is placed on a damaged tooth to conceal its deformities. A crown is fabricated to each patient's unique measurements and resembles the natural teeth.
- Dentures: If the patient has undergone complete teeth loss, the dentist suggests full dentures for them. Those who have lost a couple of teeth are provided partial dentures. They are dental prostheses that include teeth and gums. It is fabricated to fit each patient's requirement and is placed inside the mouth with the help of suction.
- Dental Filling: It is a treatment that helps to fill a decayed tooth after root canal therapy. Several materials are used to seal the hole created through the root canal. Filling them helps to avoid any further chances of infections.
Enhanced Smiles, located at Tukwila, WA, offers the best dental care facilities at the dentistry. Dial (206) 575-1000 and book an appointment with the dentistry to know more about dental restorative dental services and other dental care facilities.